Hello! I am going to be telling you the pros and cons of Ipsy and Boxycharm. I have had each of these for a couple months and I think I got a good idea of each one. But first please follow me if you aren’t already.
Pros of BoxyCharm
- More for your money. BoxyCharm is $21 for 4-5 products each month.
- Full Sized Products. You get 4-5 full sized products.
- Good mix. Good mix of different products and brushes.
- Eyeshadow Palettes. There are quite a few palettes included in boxes.
Cons of BoxyCharm
- Unpopular brands. Most of the brands I had never heard of.
- Odd colors. In most products the colors are the unwanted ones. It seems like they mostly give the colors that no one bought.
- Not customized. There are a couple different boxes you can get with different colors or products, but it isn’t really customized off of what you like.
- Clutters your makeup. If you don’t like the products it takes up a lot of room because it is full sized.
Pros of Ipsy
- Cheaper. Ipsy is $10 for 5 samples a month.
- Relevant brands. Ipsy has brands that are more popular and well known.
- Bag. Ipsy includes a small makeup bag with each months subscription.
- More customized. I wouldn’t say Ipsy is completely customized, but it definitely uses your results from the your beauty quiz to customize your box.
- Good mix. It has a good mix of each type of product.
- Usable products. Pretty much everything is easy to wear and isn’t to much of a statement product.
- OK size. The sample sizes aren’t too small. They are enough for you to get a taste of the products.
Cons of Ipsy
- Bad if you like the product. It is inconvenient if you like a product and you only have a mini size.
- Small size. Obviously the products are tester size so they aren’t full sized.
So overall I am going to say the winner is Ipsy for me. I like having better brands, even if it means them being sample sized. I also like just testing the products out, especially to review them on my blog. I also like that Ipsy is cheaper, even though with BoxyCharm you get more. I like more natural makeup, so I didn’t find myself reaching for some of the products from BoxyCharm.
So I hope that helped if you are trying to decide on a subscription box. Please comment and like if you enjoy! Also let me know if you want me to review my Ipsy each month. Thank you so much for reading! -Briana
Question: Do you have a subscription box? If so do you like it??